16. Which one of the following is a group of proteolytic enzymes?
a) Bromelin and Papainb) Callulase and myrosinasec) Maltase and Diastased) Phosphatase and Chlorophyllase
17. Enzymes having slightly different molecular structures but performing identical activity are
a) holoenzymesb)apoenzymesc) isoenzymesd) coenzymes
18. Which factor is responsible for inhibition enzymatic process during feed back?
a) Enzymesb) End productc) Temperatured) Substrate
19. Which one of the following statements regarding enzyme inhibition is correct?
a) Competitive inhibition is seen when a substrate competes with an enzyme for binding to a inhibitor proteinb) Non Competitive inhibition of an enzyme can be overcome by adding large amount of substratec) Non competitive efficiency inhibitors often bind to the enzyme irreversiblyd) Competitive inhibition is seen when the substrate and the inhibitor compete for the active site on the enzyme
20. The catalytic efficiency of two different enzymes can be compared by the
a) Formation of the productb) Km valuec) Molecular size of the enzymesd) pH of optimum value
21. The nuclease enzyme, which begins its attack from free of a polynucleotide, is
a) Polymeraseb) kinasec) exoncleased) endonuclease
22. The enzymes enterokinase helps in the conversion of
a) Caseinogens into caseinb) Trypsinogen into trypsinc) Pepsigenogen into pepsind) proteins into polypeptides
23. Which of the following is a typical example ‘feedback inhibition’?
a) Cyanide and cytochrome reactionb) Sulpha drugs and folic acid synthesizer bacteriac) allosteric inhibition of hexokinase by glucose- 6 -phosphated) Reaction between succinic dehydrogenase and succinic acid
24. Some of the enzymes, which are associated in converting fats into carbohydrates, are present in
a) liposomesb) golgi bodiesc) glyoxysomesd) microsomes
25. In which one of the following enzymes, is copper necessarily associated as an activator?
a) tyrosinaseb) Lactic dehydrogenasec) Carbonic unhydrased) Trypsinase
16. a) Bromelin and Papain
17. c) isoenzymes
18. b) End product
19. d) Competitive inhibition is seen when the substrate and the inhibitor compete for the active site on the enzyme
20. b) Km value
21. c) exonclease
22. b) Trypsinogen into trypsin
23. c) allosteric inhibition of hexokinase by glucose- 6 -phosphate
24. c) glyoxysomes
25. d) Trypsinase