1. In a somatic cell cycle, DNA synthesis takes place
a) G 1 phaseb) G2 prophasec) S phased) Prophase of mitosis
2. In somatic cell cycle
a) in G1 phase DNA content is double the amount of DNA present in the origin cellb) G 2 phase follows mitotic phasec) a short interphase is followed b along mitotic phased) DNA replication takes place is S phase
3. Microtubule is involved in the
a) Cell divisionb) DNA recognitionc) Muscle contractiond) Membrane contraction
4. Mitotic spindle is mainly composed of which protein?
a) Actinb) Myosinc) Mygloboind) Actomyosin
5. At which stage of the cell cycle are histone proteins synthesized in a eukaryotic cell?
a) During telophaseb) During S phasec) During G2 stage of prophased) During entire prophase
6. Best material for the study of mitosis in laboratory is
a) antherb) Root tipc) Leaf tipd) Ovary
7. Which one of the following precedes reformation of the nuclear envelope during M phase of cell cycle?
a) Decondensation from chromosomes, and reassembly of the nuclear laminab) Transcription from chromosomes, and reassembly of the nuclear laminac) Formation of the contractile ring, and formation of the phragmoplastd) Formation of the contractile ring, and transcription from chromosomes
8. A cell divides every one minute. At this rate of division it can fill a 100 ml of beaker in one hour. How much time does it take to fill a 50 ml of beaker?
a) 29 minutesb) 30 minutesc) 59 minutesd) 60 minutes
9. Cell plate formation is present in
a) bacterial cellb) virusesc) animal celld) plant cell
10. Which typical stage is known for DNA replication?
a) S-phaseb) G1 phasec) G2 phased) Metaphase
1. c) S phase
2. d) DNA replication takes place is S phase
3. a) Cell division
4. d) Actomyosin
5. b) During S phase
6. b) Root tip
7. c) Formation of the contractile ring, and formation of the phragmoplast
8. c) 59 minutes
9. d) plant cell
10. a) S-phase