Biology Multiple Choice Questions and Answers for Different Competitive Exams

Multiple Choice Questions on Human Respiration

1. During inspiration, the diaphragm
a) shows no change
b) expands
c) contracts and flattens
d) relaxes to become dome shaped

2. Pneumotaxic centre is present in
Respiratory center in Human 
a) pons varolii
b) medulla oblongata
c) cerebrum
d) cerebellum

3. Hamburger’s phenomenon explains
a) chloride shift
b) breathing mechanism
c) oxygen saturation of hemoglobin
d) formation of HCO3-

4. Lack of pulmonary surfactant produces
a) asthma
b) respiratory distress syndrome
c) cystic fibrosis
d) emphysema

5. Vital capacity of lungs is
vital capacity
b) TV +ERV

6. What is true about RBCs in humans?
a) they carry about 20-25% of carbon dioxide
b) they transport 99.5% of oxygen
c) they do not carry carbon dioxide at all
d) they transport about 80% Oxygen only and the rest 20% of it is transported in dissolved state in blood plasma

7. Which one of the following can bind several hundred times more strongly to the hemoglobin than oxygen?
a) CO2
b) CO
c) SO2
d) H2CO3

8. End product of anaerobic respiration in humans is
a) ethyl alcohol
b) lactic acid
c) ethyl alcohol +CO2
d) lactic acid + CO2

9. When blood contains a high percentage of carbon dioxide and a very low percentage of oxygen the breathing stops and the person become unconscious. This condition is known as
a) suffocation
c) asphhyxia
d) eupnea

10. In the resting person, saturation of hemoglobin as blood leaves the tissue capillaries is approximately
a) 75%
b) 25%
c) 50%
d) 100%
Learn more:
1. c) contracts and flattens
2. a) pons varolii
3. a) chloride shift
4. d) emphysema
5. d) TV+IRV+ERV
6. a) they carry about 20-25% of carbon dioxide
7. b) CO
8. d) lactic acid + CO2
9. c) asphhyxia
10. a) 75%

Sharing is Caring ..... Please take 5 seconds to Share. Thank you...


Post a Comment

We love to hear from you ! Leave us a comment.


If you find any mistake please let us know

© MCQ Biology - Learning Biology through MCQs, AllRightsReserved. ***Best viewed in Google Chrome and Mozilla firefox***

Maintained by BE4U