a) sensory nerve
b) motor nerve
c) autonomic response
2. Which of these is an example of conditioned reflex?
c) Withdrawal of hand on touching a hot plate
d) Watering of mouth at the smell of food
3. Which of these is not a reflex reaction?
b) Secretion of sweat
c) Flexion due to needle prick
d) blinking of eyes due to strong light.
4. Which one illustrates a reflex arc?
a) brain-> spinal cord->muscles
b) muscle-> receptor->brain
c) muscles-> spinal cord ->brain
5. Reflex action is controlled by
a) Autonomic nervous system
b) Peripheral nervous system
c) Central nervous system
d) None of these
6. Demonstration of conditioned reflex was first made by
b) William Harve
c) Robert Brown
d) Karl von Frisch
7. When an electric shock is given to the leg of a pithed frog, it
a) shows reflex response by contraction of leg muscles.
b) Blinks its eyes.
c) Shows no response
d) put out its tongue
8. In vertebrates, simple reflex action is
9. Playing harmonium is an example of
a) long term homeostasis
b ) residual learning
c) Conditioned reflex
d) short term homeostasis
10. Which of the following is controlled by autonomous nervous system?
a) Papillary reflex
b) Swallowing food
c) Knee-jerk response
d) peristalsis of intestine
1. b) motor nerve
2. d) Watering of mouth at the smell of food
3. b) Secretion of sweat
5. c) Central nervous system
7.a) shows reflex response by contraction of leg muscles.
8. a) monosynaptic
9. c) Conditioned reflex
10. d) peristalsis of intestine